It also says Mnangagwa cannot convene the talks because he is one of the disputants.
Dialogue can only take place if it is facilitated and mediated by the Southern African Development Community and guaranteed by the African Union and the United Nations.
Here are the demands:
- Immediate cessation of all forms of violence against the people including rape, killings, shootings, torture, abductions as well as a genuine and transparent process to bring to book those responsible for killing, maiming and raping defenseless citizens,
- Restore and guarantee the security of all citizens.
- Immediately stop arbitrary arrests, mass trials, and all violations of the rule of law
- Restore and guarantee the independence of the judiciary and cessation of all executive interference with the judiciary and judicial processes.
- Restoration of the rule of law and an end to malicious prosecutions and the miscarriage of justice being witnessed at Rotten Row magistrates courts
- Release of all political detainees and prisoners of conscience.
- Restore and guarantee the respect of all human rights particularly political freedoms, security of each citizen and all civil rights.
- The immediate return of all military personnel to the barracks, since the country is not at war.
- Restore and guarantee freedoms of association, expression and movement.
- Unbanning of civilian politics and decriminalization of the MDC party by an immediate end to the harassment and persecution of our party’s leadership and their families.