Illegal vendors who had been given until Monday to move off the streets were yesterday given a reprieve until 26 June. Small to Medium Enterprises Minister Sithembiso Nyoni said yesterday that the move was aimed at giving more time to provide sufficient decent trading places and to allow the vendors to clean up. “From the 26th of June, anybody who is not registered and has no card, has no vendor number and no vendor site, will not be allowed on the streets of Harare,” she was quoted by The Chronicle as saying. “I am sure you heard the ultimatum was for next week, but my ministry, together with the Ministry of Local Government, have negotiated to have a smooth process. We are working together with the Ministry of Home Affairs and other ministries. So, if any of the vendors has a problem, let them approach their association and I mean the associations registered with my ministry and Local Government, not space barons. Nobody should pay money to anybody, but the city council. Even you association leaders should not receive any money.” Nyoni said the government was aware that people had not gone into vending willingly so it had adopted a paper to deal with the plight of vendors across the country starting with Harare.