The People’s Democratic Party has described First Lady Grace Mugabe as a person with questionable emotional and mental disposition and cannot therefore lead the country.
The opposition party, which is led by former Finance Minister Tendai Biti, said Grace Mugabe has never done anything which benefits anyone other than herself.
It listed five reasons why the First Lady cannot lead the country as:
- The age of dynastic politics passed a long time ago, Zimbabwe cannot be subjected to a Mugabe dynasty which for all intents and purposes proved beyond reasonable doubt that it is a family whose DNA is mediocre, failure and destruction.
- She has no social base and moral high ground. Unlike the other failures in ZANUPF including Mnangagwa and Sekeremayi who at least fought in the liberation struggle, Grace has no track record of patriotism. We in the opposition at least have a track record of fighting for democratisation of the country and an endeavour to restore the hijacked agenda of the liberation struggle.
- She is a person of questionable emotional and mental disposition. Her public rants are reflective of an individual who is way below average in terms of emotional intelligence. Tied to this point is her capacity to divide the people of Zimbabwe. She even has guts to invite religious groups just to turn them against each other along factional lines.
- She is a looter who does everything for personal gain including in her social transactions. She invaded Mazowe, took the land by force and even went on to grab a dam declaring that the waters of Mazowe Dam have since been privatised. Such a shocking display of greedy and selfishness.
- She lacks vision and crafty competence. This country requires transformational leadership with the ability to lift the masses from poverty, create an enabling for development and with desire to create equal opportunities for all. Grace Mugabe is certainly not a person of this ilk; she has never done anything which benefits anyone other than herself. The Gushungo Empire she created is meant to create wealth for her and the orphanage she hides behind is actually anthropological capitalism of the highest order. She even charges exorbitant amounts of money to admit kids at the place.
The PDP’ statement was issued after the sacking of Emmerson Mnangagwa as Vice-President and reports that he might be replaced by Grace Mugabe who has openly said that she would like to take up the top post just like Mnangagwa gave his Chirumanzu-Zibagwe seat to his wife.
The PDP said it was not sympathetic to Mnangagwa at all but felt that “Grace’s unbridled avidity for power is a danger to the existence of our nation state. This is why we make the point that Grace Mugabe cannot be a leader of the beautiful country we all call home, the Great Zimbabwe”.
Continued next page